On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 12:08:38 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Two distinct things. Kinke was talking about how to pass a struct through the ABI. You are talking about special-casing a specific name.

Not just name, but argument passing as well.

Not to mention, your special case is to transform it to something you can *already* specify in the language. Why?

Because that syntax pertains specifically to construction, which is what a compiler move is; is not currently used by the language (the fact that the compiler doesn't error on it is an oversight); enforces calling convention.

Which is, however, not a reason to formalize it and make it a requirement for an isolated specific case, such as this one, utilizing a syntax that is currently not used by the language.

There is positively nothing in DIP 1014 that is "syntax not used by the language". Quite the contrary.

Which is what I said in the very next sentence, so I'm not sure what your point is here. It's like we're having a discussion but we aren't at the same time.

As opposed to trying to fit existing language semantics to something that the language didn't seem to want to allow in the first place.

Formalize it as a suggestion, and we can discuss the "as opposed to".

Alright, let's get back to it after the weekend then.

Like I said, I think there's a lot you're glossing over here (such as backwards compatibility).

Backwards compatibility? With what, exactly? Non-existing explicit moves?