On Friday, 5 October 2018 at 19:04:26 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
On 10/04/2018 11:40 PM, rikki cattermole wrote:
[...]

It's not *my* statement about newer/older. If you recall the programming atmosphere around 2000, OO was widely being touted as a newer thing, superior to "old-fashioned" imperative, even though there's a million things about that whole assessment that are false (not the least of which being the at-the-time popular notion that Java-style OO somehow wasn't still imperative, or, as you pointed out, that OO was a new invention).

There's one minor aspect of it that was true though: Widespread popularity of OO was certainly a new thing, even if OO itself wasn't.

The hype was hight also in the 90...

I remember having used (in production!) a 3rd party extension to Clipper (I don't remember if Summer 87, or 5.0.x) that added OO to the language!

0__o

/Paolo