On Sunday, 21 October 2018 at 20:41:41 UTC, JN wrote:
On Sunday, 21 October 2018 at 20:14:46 UTC, Fleel wrote:
Does anyone know of a good D alternative for the socket.IO server (https://socket.io)? I would like to transition my server from node.js to D, but I can't find any D equivalents to socket.IO. (I've seen http://socket.io.dub.pm, but it is dead). Are there any good D libraries that can do the same thing as socket.IO? Thanks!

Is std.socket not sufficient? It should be, at least for TCP connections. For UDP you could use something like Enet, there are Enet bindings in Derelict.

Can std.socket provide a realtime connection between the client(web browser) and the server, like for a chatroom or realtime multiplayer game?