dsimcha, el 12 de enero a las 02:45 me escribiste:
> == Quote from Walter Bright (newshou...@digitalmars.com)'s article
> > It's actually a nice program. My point was that the era of tiny
> > executables has long since passed.
>
> <rant>
>
> Vote++.  I'm convinced that there's just a subset of programmers out there
> that
> will not use any high-level programming model, no matter how much easier it
> makes
> life, unless they're convinced it has **zero** overhead compared to the
> crufty old
> C way.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about this. I prefer to use D even with
its overhead (when I can afford it), but that doesn't mean D shouldn't
take this seriously and say "bah, everybody is doing big binaries, why
should I care?". One thing is "we can't focus on that because we have
other priorities but we are concerned about the issue" and another *very
different* thing is "we don't care, even if the binary size still grow".

It's a very nice rant, and I agree, but you missed the point. I'm not
talking about not using D, I'm talking about recognizing this as an issue
(even when it might not be a huge one).

Did you know the originally a Danish guy invented the burglar-alarm
unfortunately, it got stolen