john foo wrote:
> Walter Bright Wrote:
>> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2326.html#delete
>>
>> Lawrence mentions several uses for it.
>
> So you're copying yet another C++0x feature and renaming it to attract more positive publicity..

C++0x would have used a different name than 'delete' if it did not have a major point of not introducing new keywords. This is deliberate to try to prevent breaking legacy code, written even in C.

Even the keyword 'auto' is C's defunct 'auto' in C++0x (and I strongly belive also in D); just because "automatic variable" and "automatically typed" both start with "auto". :)

Ali