First:

I've updated my units type to d2.0 and cleaned it up a bit.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/units/si2.d

I'm offering this for inclusion in Phobos and/or Tango and am willing to license it as needed to make that work.

If anyone shows any interest at all I'll start an bugzillil ticket.

-------
Hello Chad,

One other nit then.  What if I want to extend it to add more types of
units?

A generally extendable type is overkill in my opinion.

I've had occasion to use odd units like "tiles" or "pixels" or
"sectors" and things like that when writing games.

I don't have a good answere to that one but...

 Then there's
money.

Money when? Now? At some point in the future? And what interest rate are you using? I actually considered that one when I wrote my lib and quickly decided that it's WAY to complex.

Also all of the imperial units that I don't care about, as
well as the more obscure physical units.

My lib has every SI unit I could fine and all the units I found that I recognised. The current vertion can have a new unit added as a single line of code.

 I don't expect any of this
to come out of the box, but it'd be nice to be able to easily add new
types of units by defining what kind of quantity they describe
(perhaps as a compile time string) and what the scaling factor is to
another known unit (unless it's axiomatic).

That's (almost) exactly what I have.

At any rate I'd love to have guarantee that my units are correct.
This kind of stuff has cost me soooo much debugging and frustration in
the past.