On 01/21/2010 09:28 AM, Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
(Apologies ahead of time if I've overlooked something.)

How possible could it be to have opDispatch or an equivalent feature
(opStaticDispatch?) available for static forwarding? Use-case: I'm
envisioning an ORM library, where one could do things like:
Player.findFirstByName( "Bob" )

With a static forwarding template parsing the "findFirstByName" to
rewrite the call:
Player.find( FindFlags.First, `name == "Bob"` )

Isn't that what opDispatch does now?

-Lars

Not as a static member, to my knowledge. At the very least, I see no
mention of static forwarding in the docs:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/operatoroverloading.html#Dispatch

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls

static opDispatch works fine.