This is for me the last remaining D2 issue.
I've mentioned this several times before. Mutable array 'literals' are wrong on so many levels. Here are some of the issues, listed in decreasing importance.

(1) The language has no syntax for immutable array literals.
[1,2,3] is mutable. You can created an immutable literal using the awful 'static const' syntax, but that only works for named literals.

(2) Concurrency issues make (1) even more important. It ought to possible to pass an array (defined at compile time) as a message.

(3) Performance of the existing array 'literals' is absolutely appalling. I doubled the speed of my entire app by changing ONE array declaration from 'immutable [] xxx' into 'static const [] xxx'!!! Right now, if an array literal appears in your code, chances are it's a performance bug. It's deceptive that there's a hidden heap allocation happening in every array literal. It's got no business being in a systems language IMHO.

(4) It is unintuitive. "hello" is immutable, but ['h','e','l','l','o'] is not???

(5) It's trivial (a one-liner) to make a function to create a mutable array literal. We don't need it in the language.

Mutable arrays literals are common in toy examples, but they've got very little real-world relevance. By contrast, immutable array literals are used in lookup tables all the time. They are extremely common. We need to be able to express them.

This is the only remaining thing in D2 which I'm certain is a big mistake. Of course there's ugliness in various places, but it's possible to ignore them or work around them. This is a primitive, bread-and-butter issue with no workaround.