Yigal Chripun wrote:
On 20/02/2010 05:03, Justin Johansson wrote:
Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"dave eveloper" <ta...@land.net> wrote in message
Ezneh Wrote:

So, it is not better to find a compromise between these libraries ?
Why they have to be "two" libraries rather than one which was
designed by larsivi, Walter Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu ?
I haven't seen larsivi around lately. Is it possible that there's a
communication problem? Perhaps a personality mismatch?

Because of silly symbol names like 'retro' I think there's more
reason for someone to not like Phobos. Bearophile also always reminds
us that a proper closure inlining support would make collection
algorithms as fast as the ugly string template hack Phobos. That way
you wouldn't have hard coded parameter symbols like a and b.

Dictionary.com Unabridged, Based on the Random House Dictionary:

retro-

a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin meaning “backward”
(retrogress); on this model, used in the formation of compound words
(retrorocket).

So can we stop this "retro is a bad name" nonsense now?

Sure, just include a copy of, or link to, an English dictionary
alongside D documentation, together with appropriate annotations.
That's tantamount to what you are saying. imho, use of "silly"
words like this in the language are a retrograde step.

Cheers

Justin Johansson

Hum, didn't you mean a link to a *Latin* dictionary? ;)

You are quite correct to pull me up on that one.  I guess to
be more specific I should have said a post-classical Latin
dictionary in which occurrence of said "retro" is more common.

btw. (and you gotta blow your trumpet sometimes) I won
First Prize for Latin at secondary college :-)