Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
You should try Digital Mars C. Its error messages are similar to that,
though I don't think it has the built in spellchecker.

The ^ pointing to where it is on the line is something it's done for many
many years, though it isn't really that useful anyway in practice.

I dropped the ^ thing that showed the source line and position where the error was, because nobody ever said they liked it.

There's always space for improvement in error messages. Note that clang is a C compiler, not a C++ one. It's a *lot* harder to generate sensible error messages for C++ than a simple language like C.

The spell checker idea is a good one.