retard wrote:

> Sun, 07 Mar 2010 05:05:03 +0000, BCS wrote:
>
>> Hello Jane,
>>
>>> Is D a cult?
>>>

>> No, not yet. Walter hasn't figured out how to brain wash people over a
>> newsgroup yet. However I think Andrei's working on it and Don should
>> have a patch in time for TDPL going out ;b
>
> FWIW, I think there is a kernel of truth in the original claim. People
> tend to agree evey time Walter proposes a new feature such as built-in
> regexps - yes, they were removed shortly afterwards. But when bearophile
> or some retard propose some features from functional languages that are
> natural extensions to existing ones, everyone hates them and tells us to

That's weird, I don't see this at all. Maybe you focus too much on one or two
negative comments?

I also don't understand that you think D designers have a bias against
functional programming, especially since the majority of the features that
have been implemented the last years are heavily influenced by that style of
programming.