Hello Walter,

retard wrote:

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:59:37 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

BCS wrote:

I think (from context in other strands) that the OP was referring
to value, not type, pattern matching.

Value pattern matching is just a regular switch statement.

So what types does the regular switch accept in D 2 ?

I already posted the way to do type pattern matching.

I think what retard was asking was what types are legal as the argument for a switch?

IIRC the list is: all the arithmetic types and the string types.

The value pattern matching that is being asked for would allow just about anything that has a compile time literal syntax:

void fn(int[] ar)
{
  switch(ar)
  {