"Walter Bright" <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:hnh30m$1fv...@digitalmars.com...
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Executive summary: C++0x will in all likelihood be C++11, export finally
>> gets the axe (thank God),
>
> Yay!

I had to look up what export templates were. It *seemed* like a good thing,
but judging by these reactions it sounds like there was some sort of
critical flaw with them?

>> exception specifications get deprecated,
>
> Yay!

I'm not real familiar with those, but it sounds like it was simply a C++
version of Java'a checked exceptions? If so, I'm surprised they had even
been considering them.

>> noexcept gets added... well pretty much what D does :o).
>
> I predict that C++ will adopt a lot more of D stuff.

I predict that it still won't be nearly enough to make C++ nice to deal with
compared to D ;)