"Trass3r" <u...@known.com> wrote in message
news:op.u9i1zxqa3nc...@hoenir.fem.tu-ilmenau.de...
> so you don't accidentally override a base class method without knowing it.

I read about "override" when I first got into D way back before D1.0 and
thought it sounded great. Then I promptly forgot about it since the compiler
never complained, and I haven't even thought to use it since. I suspect I'm
not the only one that's happened to.

Therefore, if there's potential benefit to be gained from "override" (and I
believe that there is), then I don't think we're actually *getting* much of
that benefit as things currently are. Although, as far as whether or not
that benefit is worth the bother of it being required, well, I haven't given
any thought to that in a long time, so I'm really not sure either way, ATM.