On 24-mar-10, at 15:11, Fawzi Mohamed wrote:

On 24-mar-10, at 15:00, Fawzi Mohamed wrote:

[...]
give a try to
bool popFront(ref T) ( or next, or another name, or even just a delegate with that signature) I was surprised how well it works, not perfect but better than the other alternatives I had tried.

I forgot to say, that one of the main pita with that approach is having to declare the arguments before using them, but should you decide that it is indeed a good alternative I have no doubt that you could find a good syntactic sugar that Walter could implement... :)

if one would have methods
        bool f(ref T)
as valid iterators
then syntactic sugar replacing