On 03/27/2010 09:02 AM, Simen kjaeraas wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

alias Flags!(ubyte, "do_nothing",
"walk_dog"
"cook_breakfast"
"deliver_newspaper"
"visit_miss_kerbopple"
"wash_covers") Todo;

I encourage you to code that up and see how it swims. We need to stop
inventing syntax for any single thing that seems useful, and start
eating our dogfood. If our mechanism for code generation is not good
enough, we should improve it, not generate by hand ever new constructs.

[snip implementation]

Looks good, but there are a couple of things I'm worried about. One is that it generates many templates (as opposed to CTFE). But that's an implementation detail. What I think this is lacking is the ability to predefine flags that are a combination of other flags. For example, some file open flags could define DEFAULT_READ as READ|SHARED. I'm not sure how to express that.