On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:12:15 -0400, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

BCS wrote:
Hello Rainer,

But it would be nice if these would be part of the DMD distribution,
 vote++;

I kinda hate to do that because the distribution file is getting so large. I've even considered removing the docs from it (as these are just fine online).

Not that it matters to me whether you include the JSON files or not, but you could easily cut the distribution into 1/3 by having separate distributions for each platform.

This is the way it should be anyways -- I shouldn't have to download Windows or MAC binaries/libs to compile on Linux. Or have to mark the Linux bins as executable (not necessary if the distribution was a tarball), which is kinda unfriendly for newbies/annoying for experienced coders.

-Steve