retard wrote:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:57:31 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

bearophile wrote:
Being Haskell not easy, it's even possible for me to not understand the
explanation if some Haskell expert eventually explains me why that
Haskell program was slow :-)
It's statements like this (and I've heard this repeatedly) that makes me
wonder what the value of Haskell actually is to conventional programming
tasks and regular programmers.

Regular programmers just die away. At some point we don't need crappy results anymore.

The software engineering is often about reimplementing things. If a level 1 novice writes a blog engine, you need level 2..20 programmers to fix all the sql injection / xss bugs and caching issues. After that, even better programmers finally write maintainable and readable code. But it doesn't scale. That's why companies like Facebook hire guys like Andrei to fix the bugs caused by the 1st generation PHP newbies.

Good one, retard; that's really funny and surprising that Andrei didn't bite :-)

Hard to imagine Andrei doing maintenance programming in some infidel programming language that doesn't have decent metaprogramming facilities though !!!