It is my understanding that several Tango developers no longer follow
digitalmars.D. I recommend posting to the Tango forums.

I have been assuming the path of least resistance for D2 Tango was for Tango to
replace a few components with their druntime equivalent. That would allow Tango
and Phobos to be installed side by side with no legal problems. Those that use
tango.xxx would have to conform to the BSD license requirements and those that
don't wouldn't.  Providing two alternatives which are mutually compatible is
already a huge step forward from the state of D1.

Maybe D2 Tango Would one day remove a few modules and use the Phobos
equivalent, or convert some modules to boost license, etc... Those things are
not nearly as important and could be done later. My understanding is that Tango
is kept modular with minimal interdependencies. That should make those kinds of
changes fairly easy.