Nick Sabalausky wrote:
The second one did say something like "It wouldn't be worth it to do a crown". Seemed to be implying that would be overkill. But I may check into that and the other stuff though. I checked into the dental surgeons he recommended (apparently, ordinary dentists don't do teeth pulling, or at least not wisdom teeth, or at least not busted up wisdom teeth...I dunno), and it was around $700 at either place. That's including being put under, but I'm an absolute baby about these sorts of things: if I'm going to have a tooth pulled, I'm sure as hell not gonna be awake for it ;)

Shopping around for a good price is a good idea, asking for a discount also can give good results.

That said, the health of one's mouth is a canary for the rest of the body. Good teeth also are a major quality of life issue. It's not a good place to cut corners.

I once knew a woman who came here from Russia. She had bad teeth, and a cringe-worthy smile. She had no money, but saved every dime until she could afford the dentist. The results were amazing. It completely transformed her face in a good way, and I think it turned around her life for the better.