On 05/22/2010 09:15 PM, Mathias Laurenz Baumann wrote:

Question: as someone who has never used either of the engines that you
reference, do they actually perform impl language -> JS conversions?

GWT does that for sure.

Interesting. Maybe I'll have a look at it sometime.

Do you think I need such a deep understanding? Couldn't I just choose to
support a certain subset of D and do only more simple conversation
without in-depth analysis and all this?

I was mostly alluding to dmd. It's a complicated critter and rather large. Maybe not so friendly. But I really don't know what else you'd use.

But yeah, if you restrict the language and library use enough, you could probably reduce it to a workable problem.