On 2010-05-25 09:19:01 -0400, Duke Normandin <dukeofp...@ml1.net> said:

On Tue, 25 May 2010, Michel Fortin wrote:

If you want to avoid the hassle of installing things manually, you can also
use the D for Xcode installer which, in addition to installing a plugin for
Xcode, downloads and installs the latest version of DMD 1 and 2.

<http://michelf.com/projects/d-for-xcode/>

Have it already - thanks! However, _now_ I need a tutorial on how to
use XCode, cuz I've been using emacs forever. I dabbled in ObjC for
awhile, but never got anywhere with, because I spent most of my time
keeping XCode happy. I don't want that to happen with my D
experience. Do you know of a _real good_ XCode tutorial?

First, you don't *need* Xcode. The D for Xcode installer installs DMD so it is usable on the command line. You shouldn't have any problem using emacs, make, and whatever else you may like. If the 'dmd' command doesn't work after install, then it's probably something else outside of the DMD installation that is causing problems.

Second, most Xcode tutorials focus on Cocoa and writing GUI applications. I'm not sure what you want to know, but personally what I find quite useful to be aware of is how the build system works. If that's what you want to learn, perhaps this is what you should read:
<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/XcodeBuildSystem/>

--

Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com