Hello Bane,

BCS Wrote:

Hello Walter,

bearophile wrote:

Walter Bright:

C got it right and it doesn't need fixing.

I have never programmed in Go, but keep in mind that Go designers
are expert language designers and programmers. They aren't stupid
people.

Even experts make mistakes.

Even Forest Gump knows 'stupid is who stupid does'.

For that matter, how many expert language designers are there in the
world? To make that have an answer, I've heard it said that to be an
expert you need to have done something consistently (like as a part
time job or more) for about 10 years. So Walter's and expert compiler
writer and might be an expert language designers sometime next year
(assuming IIRC he started designing D in '01).

Does this makes me expert for beer consumption ? It was a full time
job for me, often during weekend days?

If you did it more than about 20 hr a week, I'd say you may well be.

Does 10 years of banging your
fingers with hammer makes you expert carpenter ?

No but it could make you an expert at banging your fingers with hammer

I don't think here on Walther, but on that hilarious definition of
'expert'.

Keep in mind that it's not a definition, but a minimum requirement.

--
... <IXOYE><