BCS:

>I like the idea, but how should it interact with overloaded templates?<

The syntax/semantics I have shown is just a starting point, there are probably
way better ways to reach the same goal. For example a kind of run-time
error/exception for templates that shows an error message and removes the
template from the list of possible templates.

Regarding overloaded templates, those else clauses are meant to be useful
mostly when there is no template overloading, they are designed to be useful
not for the usual purpose of constrains, that is to remove templates from the
pool of overloads, but mostly when you have a single template that has input
types and values that must satisfy some requirements. So it's a grubby idea
that needs more thinking :-)

Bye,
bearophile