On 28/06/2010 14:04, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I myself have tried to think of how xml can be done with ranges, but I
believe one of the key elements is it has to parse xml without loading
the entire document to be efficient enough for some applications.  A DOM
style parser which presents a range interface is probably fine, but a
lazy interface would be the best.  Since XML is a tree style, you need a
range which allows moving down the tree.  You almost need a stacking
range which can move down the tree and also to the next sibling
element.  Ideally, the library should do as much as possible without
allocating anything but buffer space to read data.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Philippe Sigaud has written a very interesting lib. called dranges.
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dranges/wiki

I think treerange.d and graphrange.d are an excellent source of inspiration.
Bjoern