On 07/12/2010 12:45 AM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 03:17, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org <mailto:seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>>
wrote:

    In related news, there's been this burning desire regarding a
    lightweight output range defined as simply a delegate that accepts
    const(char)[]. That range is an output range all right, and the way
    you output to it is by simply calling the delegate!

<http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/browser/trunk/phobos/std/range.d#L227>

    http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/browser/trunk/phobos/std/range.d#L227

It's still early where I live, but... For the callable case, why just
accepting E[] instead of any range with E as element? Though, thinking
about it, I right now have no idea how to put that into a template
constraint, given only R and E.

Hmm...

Good point. I haven't thought of it that way - I used arrays as a lingua franca buffer. Your suggestion is interesting. I see a risk of infinite regression in writing the constraint, but the idea warrants more discussion.