On 07/15/2010 09:10 AM, retard wrote:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:51:55 -0400, bearophile wrote:

P 61: this is so hard to read that I don't want to see anything similar
even in small script-like programs. The D compiler can even disallow
such long chains: int c = (a = b, b = 7, 8);

I suppose this mostly explains why the real tuples aren't coming to D.
Both of the authors love the C/C++ style comma operator for "code
generation purposes" as you can see above. Another advantage is that your
time won't be wasted when you switch from D to C++ to do some real world
programming.

For what it's worth - I don't care much about the comma operator, and I extremely strongly believe Walter's argument involving code generation has no validity whatsoever.

The contrived example mentioned above is given as an illustration for the section on the comma operator.