Philippe Sigaud wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 07:04, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org <mailto:seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>> wrote:

        Also, I can't stop thinking that it's stand-alone find()'s job
        utilize whatever features the range has (be it random access,
        sortedness, or anything else) to execute fast, not the passed in
        range's.

    Good point, though that reintroduces the question of comparing
    find's predicate with SortedRange's predicate.

I really don't see how you would do that in a generic way... Even taking into account that predicates return a very simple value (bool) and that they terminate (well, the input range's one _was_ used to sort it), that's akin to determining if two unknown functions produce equal values.

Yah; it would help somehow if there was a way to get the body of a function as a void[]. The address already exists, we need the sizeof.