On 08/01/2010 10:06 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2010-08-01 20:07:10 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> said:

Ideally we'd have a one-click OSX installer for dmd - a .dmg file. Is
someone able and willing to own this project? I think improving the
out-of-the-box experience is important and urgent.

I agree too. That's why I made sure the D for Xcode installer installs
DMD too, so the user doesn't have to bother about that whole mess.
<http://michelf.com/projects/d-for-xcode/>

If you download this package from Safari it'll automatically open in Mac
OS X's standard installer program from where you can proceed with the
installation. The installer package does not contains DMD: it downloads
the latest version from the website during the install process. It
installs DMD 1 and DMD 2 and makes them work both from the command line
though symlink trickery.

A nice "side effect" of using this installer is that you'll also be
ready to use D from whithin Xcode. But you can deactivate that part by
customizing the install and unchecking the relevant subpackages. You can
install just DMD 2 or just DMD 1 that way too.

Try it, it just works.

That sounds encouraging. Would you be willing to modify and contribute your installer for dmd?

Thanks,