lurker wrote:
Walter Bright Wrote:

dsimcha wrote:
== Quote from Adam Ruppe (destructiona...@gmail.com)'s article
To me, the biggest appeal of ddoc is that it doesn't require markup to
give good enough results. It's almost mindless to use.
Not only that, because it doesn't require markup, the docs look good as plain
text
comments, not just when processed into HTML.
That wasn't by accident :-). One of the explicit major goals of Ddoc was to not require any markup unless you are getting into more advanced use of it. Some of the design was compromised to make that work, but I think the results are worth it.

Unlike doxygen, Ddoc almost accepts plain english. It's not hard to see how
much better designed Ddoc is *for D code*. A generic document generator can
never support unit tests, contracts and so forth. I disagree with our
''retard'' completely.

A doxygen example from http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html :

      /**
       * a normal member taking two arguments and returning an integer value.
       * @param a an integer argument.
       * @param s a constant character pointer.
       * @see Test()
       * @see ~Test()
       * @see testMeToo()
       * @see publicVar()
       * @return The test results
       */
       int testMe(int a,const char *s);

The Ddoc equivalent:

      /**
       * a normal member taking two arguments and returning an integer value.
       * Params:
       *    a = an integer argument.
       *    s = a constant character pointer.
       * See_Also: