On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:00:21 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:20:55 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 08/13/2010 06:35 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I like how it reads naturally. I think it's also syntactically
unambiguous. Walter, please give this one some attention, I'd love to
see this fixed.

This was endlessly discussed maybe 3 years ago. I probably invested over
a hundred hours in trying to make it work.

It doesn't work.
Perhaps part of this is the reluctance to reexamine something which was hard to prove correct given the ideas at the time? However, the idea is attainable. For the simple fact that we have tail-const references in other parts of the language. All that is missing is syntax.
[snip]

This seems to be a misquote. You are replying to Walter, not me.

I was replying to both your points and Walter's. Walter's name is quoted just below yours.

-Steve