Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
But I've overcustomized my system so much that switching to anything else would be a pain.

To Apple's credit, the upgrade from OS X 10.5 to 10.6 was the least painful of any upgrade I've done, from Windows to Linux, because it is the only one where I did not have to resort to reformatting the disk and reinstalling everything. Microsoft's migration tools, even for their own software, never ever worked. Neither did Ubuntu's.

I'm still running XP because I don't want to spend 2 or 3 days finding the install disks for my programs and reinstalling everything.

On the other hand, the configuration screen for the installer had buttons down at the bottom of the screen, and my display was smaller than the standard Apple one, and so the buttons were off screen. This caused considerable misery before I figured out why there were no continue buttons.