Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:41:07 -0400, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I get a long list of functions proceeding at a reasonable rate. I've done that in the past, I feel it's some sort of inner loop problem. Essentially, something takes way longer to compile than it should, but way longer on the order of .05 seconds instead of .005 seconds, so you don't notice it normally. But somehow my library is able to harness that deficiency and multiply by 1000. I don't know, it doesn't seem like dcollections should evoke such a long compile time.

with or without -O ?

The compile line is:

dmd -unittest unit_test.d dcollections/*.d dcollections/model/*.d

Where unit_test.d is a dummy main.

You could try running dmd under a profiler, then.