On 9/10/10 10:20 AM, Stewart Gordon wrote:
I see the spacing around code blocks seems to have been reduced.  Either
that or it just doesn't seem too big now. But are you going to do
anything about the other issues I raised on 3 Sep?

Reposting those suggestions, responses inline:

Nice design on the whole.  A few issues:

1. Too much space above and below code and BNF blocks.

2. In a few places, the bullet points look a little too spaced out.
I decreased the list spacing a bit, but don't want to decrease it further. Some lists like those on http://d-programming-language.org/overview.html have wrapped text, and I prefer the spacing between the bulleted paragraphs. If there is a strong consensus against my preference I'll change it :)

3. No consistency in whether indentation in BNF is with a tab character, four
spaces or eight spaces.

4. Tab characters in pre blocks ought to be avoided, as they aren't guaranteed
to display the same for everybody, and it also encourages bad practice if you
use half-tabs like that.
I have mostly been avoiding changing the content, and I consider tabs/spaces in BNF blocks to be content, not styling.

5. It would be nice if you ran it through a validator.

http://validator.w3.org/

or if you want to check the whole site

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
I made a couple of changes based on validation but there are obviously lots to do. It's honestly not very high on my priority list.