I wouldn't think that it would be a problem, but I'm no expert, and we've had
problems in the past because Tango devs thought that proposed Phobos code was
too similar to Tango. So, as I understand it, unless we get specific permission
from the Tango devs which wrote a particular module, we're trying to not have
code in Phobos which is an API which is at all close to Tango's. That way we can
avoid potential conflicts with the Tango devs.

- Jonathan M Davis

We had this over and over again, but I still think it should be noted that the disaster around SOHO's code was not entirely made up by »the Tango devs«, but originated from a single developer's phone call to Walter Bright and was then exaggerated by large parts of the D community, including both »sides« – your statement(s) makes it look a bit as if it was all Tango at fault there…