On 10/13/10 16:05 CDT, Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:19:45 +0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

To substantiate my brief answer:

This library code needs to be put somewhere. I just believe it belongs
to line-reader, not a generic stream. By putting line reading into a
stream interface, you want make it more efficient.

I assume you meant "won't" instead of "want". So here you're saying that line-oriented I/O does not belong in the interface because it won't make things more efficient.

But then your line reading code is extremely efficient by using the interface you yourself embraced.

Andreiu