On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu <
seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

> On 10/16/10 2:30 CDT, Christof Schardt wrote:
>
>> auto d = duck!Drawable(c); // awes
>>>

>> What about "as" ?
>>
>> auto d = as!Drawable(c);
>>

> Nice too, and evokes "to". "to" was a success in spite of the fact that
> it's difficult to talk about (e.g. "Could you use 'to'?" "To what?" etc). I
> still prefer "duck" because it doesn't have this problem.
>

> Speaking of which, it looks like std.conv is a good place to put duck in.
>

> Andrei

Hmm.. I was going to suggest /dev/null but I suppose that works too. If we
have to have it, I would vote for "as" over "duck" simply because duck can
be interpreted either a noun with only metaphorical relevance or as a verb
with no relevance at all. On the other hand, "as" is simple and gets the
point across.