On 10/19/10 14:30 CDT, Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:47:56 +0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 10/19/10 8:06 CDT, Justin Johansson wrote:
This module should be removed altogether from Phobos forthwith.

The code was obviously submitted and accepted without peer
review, either that or the peers were idiots as well.

It would be better to say that Phobos does not have an
XML library yet, and to seek submissions, rather than
maintain this piece of codswallop in the latest distribution.

Let's not even talk of deprecation. Any D user currently
using std.xml is completely misguided.

Justin

I haven't worked with XML all that much. Please make me understand the
matter better - is std.xml's speed the only concern, or is the module
generally obtuse to work with?

Thanks,

Andrei

I use it, but design is bad and performance is awful.

More detail about the design please? I browsed through the code and the main issue seems to be heavy reliance on granular delegates to do pretty much anything. Would fixing that improve usability? (It would most likely improve performance.)