Am 29.10.2010 13:41, schrieb tls:
dennis luehring Wrote:

 Am 29.10.2010 11:07, schrieb Denis Koroskin:
 >  On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:58:56 +0400, dennis luehring<dl.so...@gmx.net>
 >  wrote:
 >
 >>   Am 29.10.2010 09:26, schrieb Roman Ivanov:
 >>>   They would be a great help in debugging programs, for example.
 >>>   NullPointerException is probably the most common error I see in Java.
 >>>   95% of all times it gets thrown in some weird context, which gives you
 >>>   no idea about what happened. The result is a long and tedious debugging
 >>>   session.
 >>
 >>   100% correct - but to have null-able types help to writer code faster in
 >>   the prototype phase, and not having them will also change the way
 >>   developers are "forced" to write code
 >>
 >>   and there are million developers out there who likes/and use null-able
 >>   values for flow-control - if the null-able "feature" is removed without
 >>   something that keeps the style working, you will loose them, or much
 >>   more evil, they will try to code around the non-null-able-style getting
 >>   back to there well known null-able behavior, by using bools, ints,
 >>   strings whatever ->   that will not help in library growth around D
 >>
 >>   try comming up with an pattern that keeps both pro/cons...
 >
 >  No one is talking about removing nullable references but rather adding
 >  non-nullable types and making them default. You could still achieve old
 >  behavior if it is needed (most proposed proposed syntax):
 >
 >  Foo? foo = stuff.find(predicate);
 >  if (foo is null) {
 >        // not found
 >  }

  >  No one is talking about removing nullable references
 sorry

  >  most proposed proposed syntax
 like it works in C# - but better because of "...and making them default." :)

 sound very similar to the long talked about "make parameters const per
 default" proposal - which is also still not there :(

const parameters no good per default. I reuse parameters whole time to space
conservations. Imagine if browser need twice space for all functions, make them
too big. Already needs 2 GigaB of my 4 GigaB system. We need fight bloat with
every weapons. They fix this bug:

this(int x, int y) {
   x = x;
   this.y = y;
}

but only bad coder make mistakes. D programmers old C++ veterans so make no
mistakes ever.

in a library that is not written by you

should be:

void functionX( int& refered )
{
  refered = 10;
}

was mistakenly types as

void functionX( int refered )
{
  refered = 10;
}

now start to find the error in your million lines of code

i've usualy find errors like these in projects im involed in