On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:53:56 +0100
Daniel Gibson <metalcae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > That being said, I'm really ambivalent on whether this needs to be
> > included.  It's not that terrible that you have to parenthesize properly.
>
> Also, I'm not sure if this is a common case.. although I had similar
> situations
> as well (it was more like (new Cursor(somecollection)).where(...).select(..)
> with where() and select() returning a Cursor that wrapped/used the preceding
> cursor.. and also it was Java).
>
> But I don't know if this is useful for other kinds of code that don't deal
> with
> collections or similar stuff.

This use case is probably not important enough (even if I use it often :-) to
impulse any change in the language. You are right. (I was just showing that
"new", in addition to not bringing much, if anything, to the language, can make
nice code less readable.)

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com