On 11/19/2010 05:45 PM, Todd VanderVeen wrote:

I agree. I do like the suggestion for developing the D grammar in Antlr though
and
it is something I would be interested in working on. With this in hand, the
prospect of adding D support as was done for C++ to Eclipse or Netbeans becomes
much more feasible. Has a complete grammar been defined/compiled or is anyone
currently working in this direction? Having a robust IDE seems far more
important
than whether it is written in D itself.

D is not a parser generator friendly language.

I have pretty complete ANTLR2 grammars for D1 and D2, but they are slow.