torhu wrote:
But current D 1 compilers are useless for most people anyway, until Tango catches up. And in any case, if you upgrade, you often get some nice new bugs in addition to the fixes, so upgrading is often not worth the hassle. But making it easier to go from D 1 to D 2 would still be a big gain, so why not do that? No one cares about "stability" of D 1 compilers. If you want "stability", it's very simple. You just don't upgrade.

Tango is dying, and D 1 with it. We don't want "stability", we want a viable way to move to D 2.

I understand. You can use a text preprocessor right now to do it, m4. It's quick, easy, and works.