On 17/11/2010 06:55, Rainer Deyke wrote:
There are huge problems with Go that will probably keep me from ever
using the language.  This isn't one of them.

I have to agree. The issue itself is a fairly minor one. For starters because it is trivial to fix: if this ever becomes a more important issue in the community of Go users (which likely it will), then the creators will just change it. It won't have a significant impact on language design, unlike generics or plenty of other stuff, which can be quite cumbersome to add if not designed from the beginning.

You can say that the issue is somewhat telling of the design principles of the language creators, but otherwise I doubt it will make much difference.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer