On 12/18/2010 10:03 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Caligo"<iteronve...@gmail.com>  wrote in message

IMO there is no honor in game development as it contributes nothing to
society.  I've rarely played any,

I gotta jump on this as being a giant load of pretentous bullshit. First of
all, there's the patently obvious "how in the world would you know?"
considering the "I've rarely played any".

But more importantly, games make life suck less - I can't even imagine any
more significant contribution to society than that. Even all of the endevors
generally considered to be the biggest contributions to society are *only*
significant contributions *because* that's exactly what they do: they make
life suck less, and are therefore well-regarded.

I hear you! People please legalize drugs. They make my life suck so much less.

Seriously, what up with all those presumptuous assholes out there (mostly
baby boomer dinos and their even more anachronistic parents, interestingly
enough) who have barely ever touched a videogame and yet figure they
actually have reason to believe such absurd pretentous crap? Fuck, they all
remind me of that pompous Roger Ebert douchebag. (Speaking of ways to
benefit society, when's he finally gonna keel over? Isn't it about time by
now? And speaking of "contributions to society" what the fuck's he ever
done? Collect a salary just to spout off opinions? Fucking useless wanker.)

Countless hours of my life have gone to waste while I've been killing zergs and protos. Still, my life sucks so much less because of that gorgeous feeling the unpunished killing gives me. The only thing I keep regretting (at the rare moments when I am not high) is I could have created something useful instead. Maybe, yet another programming language, in which more cool games could have been written.