Bruno Medeiros:

> For the love of life, how can anyone think this is a
> good idea? I'm struggling to find even one use-case where it would make
> sense. (a non-subjective use-case at least)

I agree that in general collections are better managed by reference. But if you
need a hash that you know will not contain more than 10-20 items, and you need
max performance, and you don't need to pass it around, than value in-place hash
may be useful. I have used it some times. This is not a generic case, but
beside the normal collections, Phobos2 may add few little value ones like this.

Bye,
bearophile