On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:50:21 -0500, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+s...@com.gmail> wrote:

In a less extreme view, it is not about controlling stupidity, but controlling creativity (a view popular amongst "artist"/"painter" programmers). So here the programmers are not dumb, but still they need to be kept in line with rules, constraints, specifications, strict APIs, etc.. You can't do anything too strange or out of the ordinary, and the language is a reflection of that, especially with regards to restrictions on dynamic typing (and other dynamic stuff like runtime class modification).

Those aren't bugs, they are the artistic qualities of my program! It's a statement on the political bias against bugs, I mean most people kill bugs without a second thought!

;)

-Steve