Am 2010-12-23 21:01, schrieb spir:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:41:06 +0100
Thomas Mader<thomas.ma...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I think it's very important for D to step into the corporate world to
get more stability, a bigger community and therefore a stronger toolchain.
For this to happen companies need trust in the future of the project and
the future are the people and the infrastructure behind D.

This is true, but having important corporate investment would also strongly
freeze the language in a premature state. It's too early (for D2).

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com

I agree but I must confess that I'm confused about the state of D2.
It's said that for new projects someone should use D2 but I often recognize that it is not considered ready/finished yet. On the other hand I also read somewhere that with the release of the book "The D programming language" D2 is finalized?

Can somebody please enlighten me on this?

Thomas