On 12/30/10 11:29 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
Try filing a feature request on bugzilla.

I don't quite see how this would be a feature request – »I'd like to be able to actually express the implicitly used types in D code«?

The reason I brought this here instead of directly filing a specification bug to Bugzilla is that 1) I am not sure if I had missed a related part of the specification and 2) since resolving this issue will probably require a change/addition to the language specification, I think it deserves some extended discussion.

So, to restate the question: Currently, the spec for both D1 and D2 apparently does not allow specifying the calling convention of function pointer types directly. This issue probably hasn't popped up so far just becasue DMD currently does not take the calling convention into account when type-checking function pointers, but this might not be the case for other compilers or future versions of DMD. How should we resolve this issue?

David