On 01/01/11 23:51, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Jonathan M Davis wrote:
As was discussed in another thread, you're fairly
conservative in the D2-specific stuff that you use.

Indeed. Though I've gone into the fancy stuff, I don't go
wild with it, which probably helps too. It seems the worst
bugs come from combinations of new-to-D2 features more than
any one individually.

Maybe this is where I'm going wrong - if a feature's there, I feel I have to use it! It's like being confronted with a buffet, I can't stop eating! Even with D1 I find myself biting off more than I can chew so to speak.

That didn't work, the property opDispatch and call opDispatch
screwed each other over. And the property opDispatch could take
a string, but not a templated argument, making it less than
ideal. It wouldn't overload opDispatch()(string) with ()(int) either. Bah. I'm
pretty sure all of that is supposed to work;
each piece does work, if I take the others out of the class.

I hit the exact same issue recently but in D1 - seems templated methods don't like being overloaded. In this situation couldn't you use opDispatch(T:string)(T) and opDispatch(T:int)(T)? I'd guess not, but I don't know how opDispatch works, or what your code looks like!

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/