On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:44:07 +0200, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think Derelict loads the DLLs at load time, before the call to
main() (I could be wrong here). Delayed loading is when a DLL is
imported at runtime when there's an actual call made that requires the
DLL, it doesn't get preloaded at load time.

Technically you have to ask Derelict to load a DLL explicitly, like this:

DerelictSDL.load();

Anyway, it shouldn't be hard to implement "real" delayed loading on top of SDL's methods. In fact, you could even enumerate all function variables at the module level, and generate delay-loading code at compile time. This way you only need to mention any specific DLL function once.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net